Thursday, January 12, 2012

Examples of Great World Building

hey FFFers - hope you had a good Christmas and a great start to 2012.

Over the Christmas break, I read three books I received for Christmas. You are probably familiar with them: THE HUNGER GAMES trilogy by Suzanne Collins.

WOW.

If you can handle the violence, these books are an incredible example of world building. The setting is earth, North America, and post-apocalyptic. It's a perfect example of how the setting compliments the characters and the story arc.

If you've read these books, chime in and let me know how you liked them, but don't give anything away.

1 comment:

  1. I listened to them on audiobook last year. Totally agree with you--they were some of the best examples of world-building I've ever read. I'm looking forward to the movie in March!!

    ReplyDelete