Tuesday, April 9, 2013

I'm back and ready to get started again!


hey FFFers - after a l-o-n-g time away, I'm back and hoping I have the kinks in my blog worked out. I want to back to our discussions! Let's get right into it.
Whatever is true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable. I try to work these things into my writing by having my characters learn them without my saying they are learning them.
During a writing exercise with my group that meets once a year, our mentor gave us something that helped me a lot. She said, without thinking about it, writing down five movies you could watch over and over again. Then look at them and see if there is a common thread.

I did that, and while the movies I selected were different from each other, the common thread was self discovery. And yes, my characters all learn something about themselves. They discover they are more than what they thought. The one true God has made them unique and equipped to do what was planned for them to do.
I also focus on the verse that says, there is no greater love than laying down your life for a friend. I believe that sums up all the things we're to focus on in Philppians 4:8.

I want my readers to srive along with my characters and come out of my books feeling like they, too, can do what God has called them to do.

How do you work in the things that are true, noble, right, pure, lovely and admirable into your stories?

1 comment:

  1. looking forward to more blog posts!!

    All websites templates at All website Tools

    ReplyDelete